MATHWORKS VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM (MVIP)
- Virtual Internship
About the program
MathWorks, creators of MATLAB and Simulink, in collaboration with AICTE, has launched this virtual internship program titled ‘Get started with Artificial Intelligence (AI)’ to upskill 5000 students.
Artificial intelligence, or AI, is a simulation of intelligent human behaviour. It’s a computer or system designed to perceive its environment, understand its behaviours, and take action. Consider self-driving cars: AI-driven systems like these integrate AI algorithms, such as machine learning and deep learning, into complex environments that enable automation and involving multiple concepts. The program revolves around 5 self-paced courses as shown below. It is interactive; it only requires a MathWorks account to access all the below resources.
A self-paced online course that teaches the basics of MATLAB®. This course is very beneficial to those who have never used the industry standard tool ‘MATLAB®’ before and is a pre-requisite to the below courses.
Image Processing Onramp:
Learn the basics of practical image processing techniques in MATLAB®. Some of the topics that will be covered are working with Images in MATLAB®, Segmenting an Image, Pre and Postprocessing techniques and Classification and Batch processing image data.
Signal Processing Onramp:
This course provides the basics of practical signal processing techniques in MATLAB®. Use spectral analysis and filtering techniques to pre-process, analyse, and extract information from signal data.
Machine Learning Onramp:
This course provides an interactive introduction to practical machine learning methods. Apply different types of machine learning models for clustering, classification, and regression in MATLAB®. Explore how different techniques can optimize your model performance.
Deep Learning Onramp:
The deep learning tutorial provides an interactive introduction to practical deep learning methods. Through this course you will learn to use deep learning techniques for image classification problems in MATLAB®. Here students get to learn the fundamental of Artificial Intelligence using a deep neural network that you will customize to group your images in pre-defined categories with the support of the industry standard tools like MATLAB®.
- 100% competition across the five courses and following the submission guidelines. MathWorks would review the submissions. An AICTE-MathWorks joint virtual internship completion e-certificate will subsequently be given to the students after the end of the program.
- Short course on practical techniques and learn by working through an example
- Short videos, hands-on exercises, automated assessments, & immediate feedback
- On completion of each course, the student will be provided with a e-certificate
- Students also have the opportunity to apply for MathWorks Excellence in Innovation projects on completion of the virtual internship
- Awards for the top Institutions that have maximum completions in the time period
- B. Tech / B.E / M.Tech / M.E / MCA / B.Sc / BCA/ Diploma (any specialization)
- Students must register and submit their registration on AICTE virtual internship portal.
- All the registered students will receive an email with the step-by-step instructions for enrolling into the courses and how to submit all the e-certificate links of the five courses.
- Virtual Internship e-certificate on 100% completion from AICTE and MathWorks
- Top three campuses with the maximum virtual internships receives a plaque from MathWorks
- Top three faculty SPOCs (Single Point of Contact- Faculty Coordinator) to receive an acknowledgement certificate from MathWorks
- Students can submit the certificate to apply for academic credits subject to approval from their college or university or affiliated state or central university as per UGC or AICTE norms and guidelines
Who can apply?
Only those candidates can apply who:
- are from Any
- and specialisation from Any
- are available for duration of 4 Months
- have relevant skills and interests
Terms of Engagement
This is the virtual internship program and is NOT to be confused with MathWorks Standard Internship Program managed through MathWorks career page
Number of openings