Geographic Information System (GIS) Intern
- Full Time
About the program
NHAI Internship Scheme is being offered to provide learning opportunities to young talent in the field of Geographic Information System (GIS), through a mutually beneficial Inter Industry-Academia Association. This Scheme seeks to engage students pursuing/completed Graduate / Post Graduate Degrees enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India, as "interns". These 'interns" shall be given exposure to GIS functions in NHAI and would be expected to contribute towards development of a GIS repository including data for National Highways, Way-side Amenities, Ropeways, Toll Plazas etc. For the "Interns" the exposure to the functioning of NHAI may be an add-on in furthering their future interests.
Duration The duration of Internship shall be maximum period of 02 months. NHAI reserves the right to terminate the internship at any time, without assigning any reason.
Place of Internship NHAI Headquarters, Dwarka, New Delhi.
Eligibility for Internship
- Students studying in the final year or completed the Graduation / Post Graduation during the Academic year 2022-23 in Geo- Informatics/Remote Sensing from any recognized University / Institution.
- Should have obtained overall 70% marks or equivalent grade in all the previous yearly / semester examination with no backlogs (re- appearance) of any subjects.
- Knowledge of basic GIS concepts
- Working knowledge of GIS tools in vector data creation & management and Network data analysis
- Software like QGIS / ArcGIS Pro
Stipend The interns engaged shall be paid stipend at the rate of Rs.10,000/- per month to under-graduate students and Rs.15,000/- per month to post-graduate students. Other than the stipend, NHAI will have no financial liability to the interns.
- The selection of interns shall be purely based on merit in their academic results in under-graduate and post- graduate courses. Depending upon the number of applications received, NHAI reserves right to fix up the eligibility and selection criteria for selection of interns.
Experience Certificate Upon successful completion of the Internship, a certificate shall be issued by the Head of the concerned Controlling Division, where the interns are deployed.
Knowledge of basic GIS concepts
Who can apply?
Only those candidates can apply who:
- are from Any UG, Any PG
- and specialisation from Geographic Information System GIS,Geographic Information System GIS and Global Positioning System,Geographic Information System GIS
- are available for duration of 2 Months
- have relevant skills and interests
Terms of Engagement
- At the end of the Internship, each Intern shall submit a detailed report on the work carried out. The outcome of study during the internship will remain as Intellectual property of the NHAI and interns shall not use it without prior approval of NHAI. The intern shall maintain full confidentiality of any information relating to the NHAI.
- While doing internship of NHAI, the intern should have a minimum of 75% attendance and in case of less than 75% attendance, no extension of internship period is allowed and no experience certificate will be issued. The attendance record and the details of work supervision shall be maintained by the respective Head of the Division.
- All the interns will have to abide by the work rules and ethics set by NHAI.
- Accommodation and travel by the Interns to the Internship venue is their sole responsibility.
- Students shall submit an undertaking before joining at their place of deployment to the effect that they are undergoing internship at their own risk and NHAI won’t be held responsible in case of any eventuality during the training.
- Interns will be required to have their own laptops. NHAI shall provide them working space, internet facility and other necessary facilities as deemed fit by the concerned Heads
Number of openings